Inoffizielle Völker Strategien der Hoax Strategien der Aqua Strategien der Pillar Strategien der Mimix Strategien der Flit Strategien der Khind Strategien der Terrah Strategien der Vulca Home
 Home  •  Blue Moon Fans Foren-Übersicht  •  Blue Moon Ligen  •  Download  •  Album  •  Suchen  •  Letzte Themen
Profil  •  Lesezeichen  •  Neue Beiträge  •  Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen  •  Login  •  Registrieren
Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 23 Feb, 2005 00:51  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Ruwenzori hat folgendes geschrieben:
But it is merely one for the EAQ*, not for the FAQ

Sometimes I feel I'm writing an EAQ.

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
erml
Gott des krassmatischen Charismas & more
Gott des krassmatischen Charismas & more

italy.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 14 Mai, 2005 00:17  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

From the new FAQ:
Dearlove hat folgendes geschrieben:
Q: If you have an active CoolCat [Khind 01] ("The odd printed values of
your character cards reduce to 0."), the contested element is fire
and I play Speedius Unnecessarius [Pillar 06] (Fire value 3, Earth
value 4) and Potion of Prodigious Passion [Pillar 26, Hoax deck]
("The values of one of my character cards increase to 5.") what is
my total power?

A: 5. Note that although usually cards which increase power are applied
first (rulebook page 18, under 7: 'If there is more than one
instruction influencing the fire or earth values of other cards,
first apply all increasing instructions in the order that maximizes
the values, then apply the decreasing instructions in the order that
minimizes the values.') cards which apply to printed value have to be
applied first, as after other cards which affect power are applied,
this is no longer printed value. So CoolCat is applied first, then
potion of Prodigious Passion, resulting in a power of 5.

But in this case, the order of applying instructions would have no effect on the total power. Even if I first would apply the potion, and then CoolCat, I have a power of 5. Because the Cat doesn't affect values, but only printed values. Is this right?

Greetings
Erml

Stier Geschlecht:Männlich Schwein OfflinePersönliche Galerie von ermlBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 14 Mai, 2005 17:50  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

erml hat folgendes geschrieben:
But in this case, the order of applying instructions would have no effect on the total power.

In a sense, yes, because of the impossible to apply card. But there are other cases (I think at least one of the examples given) which would differ, and in any case it's probably not a useful avenue to go down as trying to argue how to apply impossible cards is a bit counterproductive.

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
jimrcook
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

usa.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 26 Mai, 2005 01:48  Titel:  Who 'ran out of cards' first? Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

If I have one dragon on my side, and I play my last card: Hoax05 RETRIEVE 3/3 "Ciklarethas the Bitter", then my opponent plays his last card: Mimix13 PAIR 3/3 "Wild Gazelle" and I use the RETRIEVE icon, then retreat, my one dragon goes into the middle.

The game now ends, because (at least) my opponent is out of cards and no new fights can be started. Who wins? Did I 'un-runout' so then my opponent "ran out of cards" first?

OfflinePersönliche Galerie von jimrcookBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Frog
Gott des Ortograviehs
Gott des Ortograviehs

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 26 Mai, 2005 08:14  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

I would say so. Because the Rules state that
"When one player has played or discarded all his cards from his draw deck and from his hand then no new fights may be started."

but you haven't discarded all your cards from your hand because you have one on your hand. It doesn't matter how it came there. The condition is tested at the beginning of the new round - you can still play a character but your opponent can not. Therefore you have won.

At least that's my understanding of the game.

Widder Geschlecht:Männlich Schwein OfflinePersönliche Galerie von FrogBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
kilrah
Gott der Taktiken
Gott der Taktiken

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 26 Mai, 2005 10:48  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

However in that very example it would be a better idea to just play Ciklarethas the Bitter again. Because in that case you'll win 3:0 instead of 1:0 as you enemy would be forced to retreat then.

Krebs Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von kilrahBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Ladoik
Gott der Rechtschreibung
Gott der Rechtschreibung

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 26 Mai, 2005 14:21  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

But if Ciklarethas is not enough, he can't play it again Wink
Frog ist right, you win.

Zwillinge Geschlecht:Männlich Katze OfflinePersönliche Galerie von LadoikBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
Geirröd
Gott des Hilfsbereitheid
Gott des Hilfsbereitheid

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 26 Mai, 2005 14:30  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Zitat:
However in that very example it would be a better idea to just play Ciklarethas the Bitter again.

That is not possible because "Wild Gazelle" was the last card of jimrcook's opponent and the game comes to an end immidiately.
And yes, you win the game.

Greetings Geirröd

Krebs Geschlecht:Männlich Tiger OfflinePersönliche Galerie von GeirrödBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenICQ-Nummer
KivasFajo
Blue Moon Leader***
Blue Moon Leader***

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 26 Mai, 2005 17:03  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

@Geirröd: I think Kilrah wanted to play Ciklarethas again instead of retreating from the fight. In this case he is right.

Zwillinge Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von KivasFajoBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchenYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ-Nummer
kilrah
Gott der Taktiken
Gott der Taktiken

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 26 Mai, 2005 19:56  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Exactly. Don't retreat, but play him instead for 2 extra crystals.

Krebs Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von kilrahBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 27 Mai, 2005 00:15  Titel:  Re: Who 'ran out of cards' first? Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

jimrcook hat folgendes geschrieben:
If I have one dragon on my side, and I play my last card: Hoax05 RETRIEVE 3/3 "Ciklarethas the Bitter", then my opponent plays his last card: Mimix13 PAIR 3/3 "Wild Gazelle" and I use the RETRIEVE icon, then retreat, my one dragon goes into the middle.

The game now ends, because (at least) my opponent is out of cards and no new fights can be started. Who wins? Did I 'un-runout' so then my opponent "ran out of cards" first?

This is mostly answered in the FAQ - see the first question in the End of Game section, which covers the un-runout point - but it doesn't quite cover all the details of this case, which I had thought it did. However it should be adequate to answer it (as others have done). It's an overlong answer though, it could probably do with being divided into two or three questions covering the existing material and this point. No promises but I'll consider doing this when I next do an update. (Too late for the latest one additional question change, and not important enough to be an issue in itself I think.)

Ruwenzori
Gott der eindeutigen Zweideutigkeit

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 11 Jul, 2005 19:05  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Some Qs from the German forums section about the new cards. I did not put the correct card names (only people and number), because we do not yet have an English translation to them.

Q: If I have six cards and play Ketharkopas the Astronomer [Hoax 15, Khind deck] ("If my turn is about to end with me holding fewer than nine cards in my hand, I may draw to nine cards.") and my opponent has an active [Flit 28] ("At the end of your turn, you may not draw any additional cards") up to how many cards do I draw?

no official answer yet. 2 variants by users discussion:
A1: Up to 6, the special text of Ketharkopas the Astronomer does not have the word "additional" in it, but the cards I draw really are in addition, thus "additional".

A2: Up to 9, the special text of Ketharkopas the Astronomer does not have the word "additional" in it, thus the Flit28 text does not harm it.

Q: If I play [Aqua 12] Yang or [Aqua 13] Yin ("The next character, booster or support card, that I play in my turn, is treated as if it would have a FREE symbol.") and my opponent has an active Impenetrable Fog [Terrah 26] ("Your icons are ignored, except STOP and PROTECTED."), may I use Yin/Yangs special text (because the card I play does not act as if it had a printed symbol on it), or may I not (because the FREE symbol does act as if it were printed and hence it becomes ignored)?

A: (official) You may not. The FREE symbol acts as if it were printed, for the time you play the card. Once it is played, there is no more FREE symbol on it. That is why such a card is not affected by an active Mad Mike Magpie [Flit 13, Terrah deck] ("Your cards with icons are ignored, except Flit character cards and PROTECTED cards.").

Q: I play Mekarthas [Hoax 16] "Your symbols are ignored, except STOP symbols", my opponent plays a card with the PROTECTED symbol, lets say a support card [Aqua 23]. May I now in my turn discard this PROTECTED symbol card, because the PROTECTED symbol is ignored by my Mekhartas, or not?

A: (official) Yes you may.

Q: If I play with [Inqu 411] "At the begin of the game I win 1 dragon" - when exactly do I win that dragon? When showing my Inquisitor to my opponent, when having drawn my 6 startcards (then choosing my dragons colour by intent could make sense - crystal cards), or when having changed my 6 start cards and are ready to play?

A: (official) When showing my Inquisitor to my opponent.

Q: My opponent has an active flood card [Aqua 25 and 26] "If I have more than one active flood support after the end of my turn, you have to retreat immediately." and is about to play the second flood. May I now use [inter404] Genug jetzt!/Enough of this! "I may play this card immediately after you announce your power: Your turn ends immediatly." to have his turn ending without a regular "end of turn phase", so there is no regular "after the end of his turn", and I may discard one of his floods in my turn?

A: (official) No you may not. Even an irregular "end of turn" leads to an regular "after end of turn", and you have to retreat.

Q: May I play [Pillar 32] "Now we both may discard cards with a printed value of 2 fire and 2 earth (on different cards) to attract one dragon." without effect (as it reads "may")?

A: (inofficial by fans) No you may not. The "may" says that each of the players may or may not do so, it says not that you force your opponent to may not do so.

best regards,
Ruwi

Löwe Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von RuwenzoriBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 11 Jul, 2005 20:35  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

I think all but two of these are in the new FAQ list I just uploaded (not entirely by coincidence, there are "back channels" of communication). The other two will probably be added sometime soon.

This issue of the FAQ is the first with the Aqua and E&I 2 decks in it, including some PROTECTED questions, questions about the new inquisitors, Yin and Yang, that sort of thing. As ever, feedback welcome.

Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 13 Jul, 2005 23:01  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Ruwenzori hat folgendes geschrieben:
Q: May I play [Pillar 32] "Now we both may discard cards with a printed value of 2 fire and 2 earth (on different cards) to attract one dragon." without effect (as it reads "may")?

A: (inofficial by fans) No you may not. The "may" says that each of the players may or may not do so, it says not that you force your opponent to may not do so.

Actually this one has been in the English language FAQ for a while, as

Zitat:
Q: Are the Chosen Ones special power texts optional, can I play one and have it affect neither of us, in effect discarding it?

A: No. They are all compulsory, as indicated by "Now we both ..." without any "may" or similar condition.

And of course the English language FAQ is officially (almost) official (as it says!).

Ruwenzori

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 14 Jul, 2005 10:14  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

The question arose only because this is the 1st and only Chosen which has the word "may" in its condition (which makes the reason given to your answer incorrect by the way).

Löwe Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von RuwenzoriBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum herunterladen

Forensicherheit

214278 Angriffe abgewehrt

Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde